Reflections on a Wednesday

Charlemagne said, 

To have another language is to possess a second soul.  

I'm hopelessly monolingual, but I like to think I speak a little ravenese, coyote, quail, cat, and some kind of pidgin bluebirdese.   























A poverty is said to bless the process.

Lewis Hyde said that we are only alive to the degree that we can let ourselves be moved. 




























Three times I've spotted fox this spring.  

One was with her two kits, and I spotted them down the hill.  The other two I noticed as they were gazing up at me from the ravine.  

Rather feline, the fox.  





















Anyone can speak Troll.  All you have to do is point and grunt.

-- JK Rowling

Still no mountain lion.  Not even tracks.  But every now and then, I sense that one has been in the area.  





Only in the last moment of human history has the delusion arisen that people can flourish apart from the rest of the living world.  

-- E.O. Wilson






Time will say nothing but I told you so.  

-- Auden




Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up: Publications, Interview, Reviews, Teaching Gigs, Etc

Summer Solstice 2021